Ex. Director of Institute of Chemistry, University of the Punjab, Lahore.
Saeed Ahmad NagraB.Sc(PU), M.Sc.(UI), Ph.D.(UAF)
Telephone: +92 321 9496403
BiographyDr. Saeed Ahmad Nagra is professor in Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition UVAS Lahore. He holdsgegrees of B.Sc M.Sc in chemistry and he did his Ph.D in Nutrition from University of Agriculture Faisalabad. He has been working as Professor of Biochemistry, Institute of Chemistry, University of the Punjab, Lahore from August 2001to 2014. Where he remained Director, Institute of Chemistry, 2008-2011. Besides this he was Member Senate University of the Punjab, Member Academic Council, University of the Punjab. Deputy Advisor (Students), University of the Punjab, Warden, International Hall, University of the Punjab. Secretary, Punjab University Academic and Co-Curricular Committee (PUACC), Chairman Hall Council, University of the Punjab and Secretary, Journal of Scientific Research, University of the Punjab,2005-2011
- Trace Minerals. In: Text Book on Food & Nutrition (Urdu) for B.Sc. Course, Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, 1988.
- Urdu translation of “Medicinal Plants”. Urdu Science Board Lahore (Government of Pakistan), 1990.
- Editor, Text Book of Chemistry for Class IX. Punjab Text Book Board, Lahore, 2002.
- Biosynthesis of calcium gluconate by Aspergillus niger in shake flask. Chapter In: Modern Multidisciplinary Applied microbiology. Editor: Antonio Mendez-Vilas.
- Wiley Interscience. DOI:10.1002/9783527611904.ch35
- Radiolabelled Compounds for Diagnosis and Therapy. VDM Verlag Dr.Muller GmbH & Co.KG Germany. ISBN 978-3-639-25892-9
- Incidence of Iron deficiency anemia in day scholar university girls. VDM Verlag Dr.Muller GmbH & Co.KG Germany. ISBN 978-3-639-34513-1
- Obesity: Biochemical Profile & DNA damage. VDM Verlag Dr.Muller GmbH & Co.KG Germany. ISBN 978-3-639-34630-5
- Diabetes, Homocystein & DNA damage. VDM Verlag Dr.Muller GmbH & Co.KG Germany. ISBN 978-3-639-34395-3
- Pregnancy, Oxidant, anti Oxidant & DNA damage. VDM Verlag Dr.Muller GmbH & Co.KG Germany. ISBN 978-3-639-35130-9
- Simulated Microgravity: Biochemical, Mineral and thyroid hormone profile. LAP-LAMBERT Academic Publications, Germany. ISBN-13:978-3-659-13872-0
- Minerals and Lipid Profile in Cardiovascular disorders In South Asia. Springer, 2014. DOI 10.1007/978-3-642-34249-3
Saeed Ahmad Nagra is a Pakistani Biochemist and a scientist in the field of biomedical science. His articles heavily focus on the field of Food irradiation and Agriculture. He is also teaching at the University of Punjab. more from Wikipedia
Pleasent surprise to see my Teachers Dr.Younas, Dr Jameel n Dr. Nagra
Good old memories.
Canal Road Lahore
Punjab University New Campus Canal Road Lahore