One Organic Chemist One Day............Honouring Profiles of leading Organic Chemists brought to you by DR ANTHONY MELVIN CRASTO, worlddrugtracker, helping millions, firstname.lastname@example.org, +91 9323115463, India, skype amcrasto64
DR ANTHONY MELVIN CRASTO Ph.D ( ICT, Mumbai) , INDIA 29Yrs Exp. in the feld of Organic Chemistry,Working for GLENMARK PHARMA at Navi Mumbai, INDIA. Serving chemists around the world. Helping them with websites on Chemistry.Million hits on google, world acclamation from industry, academia, drug authorities for websites, blogs and educational contribution
Since her appointment, MGF has established the first solid-state group in Hull and obtained funding from EPSRC, Leverhulme Trust and Yorkshire Forward. MGF is one of only few chemists in the UK to have extensive expertise in the use of advanced techniques for the preparation and characterization of oxide, mixed-anion and non-oxide compounds. She was involved in a project on the preparation of silicon nitride based nanoporous ceramics, which are tested by a range of industrial partners for application in gas sensors and as catalysts. She has reported highly novel mixed-anion compounds and the discovery and improvement via chemical manipulation of negative magnetoresistance in a family of sulphides. In this area, she has a long-standing fruitful collaboration with Drs Maignan and Hardy at CRISMAT Laboratoire, Caen. Other national and international collaborations include the University of Birmingham and with Prof G. Calestani at the University of Parma (Italy). She has given numerous invited presentations at conferences and at academic institutions and has written invited reviews in the field. She has published 61 papers to date.
Specialties: INORGANIC SOLID STATE CHEMISTRY: PREPARATION AND CHARACTERISATION OF NON-OXIDE MATERIALS
A novel and simple preparation of amine-modified γ-Fe2O3 nanoparticles is described. The presence of amine groups on the surface, instead of hydroxyl groups, will allow conjugation of biologically active molecules to the iron oxide nanoparticles without the need for a size increasing silica shell. Furthermore, the outer amine-layer increases the temperature of the γ-Fe2O3 to α-Fe2O3 structural...more
Doping of Inorganic Materials in Microreactors - Preparation of Zn doped Fe3O4 Nanoparticles
Lab on a Chip, 2015, 15, 3154 - 3162
Microreactor systems are now used more and more for the continuous production of metal nanoparticles and metal oxide nanoparticles owing to the controllability of the particle size, an important property in many applications. Here, for the first time, we used microreactors to prepare metal oxide nanoparticles with controlled and varying metal stoichiometry. We prepared and characterised Zn-...more
Dr. Elena Cini received a PhD from the University
of Siena in 2009 and is currently working for Prof. Taddei with a 2-year
post doctoral contract (Assegno di Ricerca).
Research Interests: Synthesis of new HDAC inhibitors and application of MW to synthetic methodologies. Papers:
1) M. Rodriquez, I.Bruno, E. Cini, M. Marchetti, M. Taddei, L. Gomez-Paloma J. Org. Chem. 2006, 71, 103-107
2) M. Rodriquez, S. Terracciano, E. Cini, G: Settembrini, I. Bruno, G. Bifulco, M. Taddei, L. Gomez-Paloma Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl.2006, 45, 423-427
3) L. Gomez-Paloma, I. Bruno, E. Cini, M. Rodriquez, M. Taddei, S. Terracciano, K. Sadoul ChemMedChem2007, 2, 1511-1519.
4) E. Cini, L.R. Lampariello, M. Rodriquez, M. Taddei Tetrahedron 2009, 65, 844-848.
5) E. Cini, G. Giorgi, M. Rodriquez, M. Taddei Synlett, 2009, 1562-15666)
6) E. Cini, C. B. Botta, M. Rodriquez, M. Taddei Tetrahedron Lett, 2009, 50, 7159-7161
7) E. Cini, E. Airiau, N. Girard, A. Mann, J. Salvadori, M. Taddei Synlett2011, 199-204
8) C. B. Botta, W. Cabri, E. Cini, L. De Cesare, C.
Fattorusso, G. Giannini, M. Persico, A. Petrella, F. Rondinelli, M.
Rodriquez, A. Russo, M. Taddei, J. Med. Chem. 2011, 54, 2165-2182
9) A. Ioannou, E. Cini, R.S. Timofte, S. L. Flitsch, N. J. Turner, B. Linclau, Chem. Commun,2011, 47, 11228-11230.
10) E. Cini, G. Bifulco, G. Menchi, M. Rodriquez, M. Taddei Eur. J. Org. Chem.2012, 2133-2141
11) A. Naldini, I. Filippi, E. Cini, M. Rodriquez, F. Carraro, M. Taddei Anti-Cancer Agents Med. Chem. 2012, 12, 407-413
12) S: Ferrini, E. Cini, M. Taddei Synlett, 2013, 491-495.
13) G. Arena, G. Barreca, L. Carcone, E. Cini, G.
Marras, H. G. Nedden, M. Rasparini, S. Roseblade, A. Russo, M. Taddei,
A. Zanotti-Gerosa Adv. Synth. Catal. 2013, 355, 1449-1454