Sarika Bhattacharya (National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, Pune, India)
Methodology: Atomistic Modeling; Mode Coupling Theory.
Applications: Liquids; Soft Matter; Polymers.
Group website: groupsarika.hpage.co.in
- Jan 2010–
Dynamics in soft matterNational Chemical Laboratory · Polymer Science and Engineering Division (NCL)India · Pune
- Jan 2000–
Dec 2010Indian Institute of Science · Department of Solid State and Structural Chemistry UnitIndia · Bengalore
Dr. Sarika Maitra Bhattacharyya
Office: H-102, Polymer and Advanced Materials Laboratory
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road
Contact No- +91 20 25903144
- Theory and Computational Science
- Complex Fluids and Polymer Engineering
- Polymer Physics
- Development of new theories and extension of the existing ones to decribe dynamics in supercooled liquids.
- Dynamics in supercooled liquid regime. Interplay between diffusion and activated motion.
- Interaction potential and its effect on the dynamics
- Relation between thermodynamics and dynamics in glassy system.
- Diffusion through porous medium.
We develop and use theoretical models to study dynamical properties in liquids and soft matter systems. Computer simulation studies are also performed sometimes to validate the theories and sometimes to make new predictions. The systems studied are, liquids in their normal viscoelastic liquid regime and also in their supercooled regime approaching glass transition, systems mimicking colloidal systems and other soft matters system like biological system.