Prof. Dan Thomas Major
Prof. Major completed his undergraduate studies in chemistry and computer sciences at Bar-Ilan University in 1997. He received his Ph.D. from Bar-Ilan University in 2003 under Prof. Bilha Fischer. During his Ph.D. he worked on molecular properties of nucleotide derivatives, theoretical modeling of G-protein coupled receptors, as well as molecular recognition.
He did a post-doctorate at the University of Minnesota under Prof. Jiali Gao during the years 2003-2006. During his post-doctorate he was involved in development and application of theoretical methods for enzyme catalysis.
Since 2007 he is a Faculty member in the Chemistry Department at Bar-Ilan University. His main research interests are in the field of computational chemistry, computational biochemistry, and computational nanotechnology.
ACADEMIC AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
- Krill Prize (Wolf Foundation), 2009.
- Alon Fellowship, 2008-2010.
- Fulbright Scholarship, 2003-2004.
- Excellence in teaching, Rector’s Office, Bar-Ilan University, 2001.
- Eshkol Scholarship, 2000-2003.
- Excellent young scientist from the Israeli Chemical Society, 2001.
- Moris Benin Prize, 1999.
- Bar-Ilan University Chemistry Department Prize, 1998.
- Wolf Foundation Prize, young scientist, 1998.
- Rachel and Reuven Jacobs Prize, 1997.
- Theoretical study of enzymatic and solution-phase reactions using state-of-the-art combined quantum mechanics/molecular mechanics Hamiltonians
- Molecular Dynamics and Monte Carlo simulations of proteins
- Development of novel path-integral simulation methodology for the investigation of quantum nuclear effects in solution phase and enzymatic reactions
- Development of hybrid quantum mechanics/molecular mechanics Hamiltonians
- High-level quantum mechanical calculations of small biomolecules
- Molecular modeling of membrane proteins
- Docking studies of protein-ligand interactions
- Theoretical study of Lithium batteries properties (http://www.inrep.co.il)
- Theoretical study of photovoltaics
- New Web-site: https://faculty.biu.ac.il/~majord
- Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Dan_Major
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.co.il/citations?user=yt2cPyIAAAAJ&hl=en